Plantain has an honoured medicinal history in its native Europe and has spread to all continents in the last few centuries. In fact, it was spread so rapidly by settlers that it was coined "White-man's footprint" by the North-American natives. The unattractive and tenacious Plantain is the scourge of gardeners, but is still highly respected around the world for its unique properties.
- Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
- Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
- This is a delicate herb and is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavour, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
- If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
- If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one tea bag per cup of hot water. Pour water over tea bags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste.